Friday, March 13, 2009

It Remake on the Way

I'm a big fan of Stephen King. I don't read too many novels, but when I do, they are almost always written by him. The man knows how to write a story. Even the film adaptations of his stories are pretty good. Although some suck, (Dreamcatcher anyone?) some are very good, such as 1408, The Shining, or The Green Mile.

One adaptation I haven't seen is Stephen King's It, partly because it was a made for TV movie which I tend to avoid like the plague. The other reason being that I haven't read the book because it reaches upwards to more than 1,000 pages, which I simply don't have time to read.

Luckily, It will be getting the proper theatrical treatment thanks to Warner Bros., who is pushing forward for a release sometime in the future. Dave Kajganich, whose sole other writing credit is for The Invasion, is penning the script.

Here's hoping the film can bring back that fear of clowns I used to have when I was a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment