Friday, March 27, 2009

The Three Stooges Resurrected

It's true. The Three Stooges are being brought back to life thanks to MGM and the Farrelly brothers, the comedic talent behind Dumb and Dumber and There's Something About Mary.

So who is set to star? Well, Jim Carrey (who is a perfect fit for this type of role) will play Curly, Sean Penn will play Larry and Benicio Del Toro will play Moe. Now, I can understand Sean Penn. That guy is immensely talented and can pull off nearly anything he does. Coming off of his award winning role in Milk, this would be an interesting departure and I can't wait to see how it shapes up.

But Benicio Del Toro? Really? When I think of the Three Stooges, the last person I think of is Del Toro. I don't want to undermine his talent, but methinks it would be wise to recast his role.

No release date is set as yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment