Friday, March 6, 2009

Marmaduke? Really?

You know, as a child, I used to pick up the paper every day to read the comic strips. I've always enjoyed the daily dose of quick humor you can get from a simple three panel cartoon. I read nearly every one on the page, except for one called Marmaduke. It was never funny or clever and I hated it with every ounce of my being. I mean, just look at that comic strip to the right. If you think that's funny, I feel sorry for you.

So why, do tell, is JoBlo reporting that Fox is developing a feature length film based off of the comic strip? Did we learn nothing from the Garfield films? Is this what we get for having one decent movie about a dog (Marley & Me), that we get subjected to stuff like this? Where will it end? I swear to God, these companies have no shame.

Apparently nothing is known yet about the project, like whether it will be animated or live action, but let's just hope this one dies before it ever gets off the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment