Sunday, March 1, 2009

Total Recall Remake? Noooo!

Blasphemy, I say! I've become accustomed to the current onslaught of remakes pumped out by the officially-out-of-ideas think machine that used to be Hollywood. But this is pushing it too far.

Total Recall, the classic Arnold Schwarzenegger action flick is being remade, much to my disdain, although apparently the minds behind the project are going to take the story in a different direction while keeping the title, which is Hollywood code for "we're banking the success of this film on the title."

Total Recall is hands down one of the best action movies ever made, a true action classic that I've cherished ever sense I was a small child and saw that chick with three boobs. Why not just re-release it into theatres? I know tons of people who would love to see this masterpiece on the big screen, including myself.

I can deal with Asian horror remakes (although they should just release the Asian horror flick in the states if it's so good) and I can deal with remakes of films from way back in the day made simply to expose the film to a new crowd, such as House on Haunted Hill (although the original 1959 Vincent Price classic is infinitely better than the crappy 1999 remake). But why remake a film that was made less than 20 years ago, a film that still holds up today? What is our world coming to?

It's official. Hollywood's think tank has officially run dry. Shame on you Hollywood. Let's cross our fingers that this remake gets stuck in development hell and never reaches the light of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment